Oh Camel Ye Faithful


Hello, today I have a Christmas card to share with you Camel Ye Faithful from Hobby Art.

The Camel and Fez were stamped with Versafine Black Ink onto Hot Press Watercolour paper and coloured using Arteza Expert Watercolour Pencils. I added White details with a White Gel Pen and Glossy Accents to the eye. I then cut them out and added 3D Foam to them.

The background was made by masking a border onto another sheet of Hot Press Watercolour paper. I then stamped the Palm Tree and Sand Dunes stamps with 'Rich Cocoa' Memento Ink and masked them off with Mask-it. I then used 'Faded Jeans', 'Wilted Violet' and 'Black Soot'  Distress Oxides to colour the background. I then lifted some of the colour with water. The dunes and tree were also coloured with the Arteza Watercolour Pencils and more white details added with the Gel Pen. I then watered down some Imagination Crafts Starlights 'Rich Gold' and splattered this over the background before removing the masks. I then embossed the sentiment with Black Embossing powder.

The paper was coloured with the same Oxide colours, then embossed using a Provo Craft embossing folder. I then added gold gilding wax to the embossed areas and adhered this to a Kraft card base with glue. The background panel was then adhered with more 3D Foam and the Camel and Fez were then added. I finished the card with a mixture of gems and sequins from my stash, which I coloured with a Yellow Ochre YR23 Copic Marker.

I hope you like this card and thanks for stopping by.
Sally.x.

Comments

Unknown said…
Brilliant as usual Sally..... I absolutely love your art work.....xxx
Debra K. said…
Oh this just made me smile :). Lovely inking of the sky and spattering of the gold paint for stars which is very effective. I love you painting of the sand dunes and palm tree, the added highlights really bring the scene to life. Fabulous embossed background with the added gold, looks so opulent and middle eastern. Another fantastic card Sally! Debra x
Anonymous said…
A really fun Christmas card. Xx
cuilliesocks said…
Love this stamp set, and this is brilliant, such fun,Kate x