Happy Birthday Flingo


Hi, today I have a quick card to share that uses Flingo The Flamingo stamp set by Hobby Art.

I stamped the Flamingo and Hibiscus Flowers onto white card using 'Tuxedo Black' Memento Ink and coloured them using Copic Markers. I added Clear Wink of Stella to the Hibiscus, and details with a White Gel Pen. I added Glossy Accents to the beak and also added a small Googly Eye before cutting the images out.

The leaves were stamped onto green dotty paper from the 'Simply Patterns' 8 x 8 paper pad from Tonic. I added some Copic shading and Gel Pen Highlights, before also cutting out.

I cut a panel from white card and adhered the leaves in place with glue, trimming off any parts that over hang. I then arranged the Flamingo and Hibiscus and attached with 3D Foam. The panel was then added to a larger panel cut from co-ordinating paper from the pack before being glued flat to a white card base.

The sentiment is an Elizabeth Crafts die cut and has been cut three times from white card. I then coloured one of these with my BV29 Slate Copic Marker and glued this on top of the other two to create dimension. I finished by adding some pink sequins and Nail Art gems.

I made another of these cards (picture below) that instead of Copics, uses Jacquard Pearl Ex Powders and Gum Arabic to paint the images, which also work beautifully and also give the card some gorgeous sparkle.



I hope you like this and thanks for visiting.
Sally.x.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love this card x
Debra K. said…
Your colouring is amazing as always Sally! Love the colour combination you used on the flamingo. I'm interested to know what white gel pen you use as it leaves such fine lines. Lovely decoupage. The coloured sentiment and the gems are the perfect finishing details. Debra x
Sally Dodger said…
Hi Debra, thanks for the comment. The white gel pen I use is the Uni-ball Signo Broad. X
Unknown said…
So very beautiful Sally..... xxx
Moira said…
Stunning card Sally, missed the show, but hoping that there will be another one soon.