Reindeer Christmas


Hi, today I have a card to share with you that use the Poinsettia stamp set from Hobby Art and also one of their wood cut reindeer shapes.

I started by covering the reindeer with a coat of Pearl acrylic paint and allowing to dry before adding a blanket from patterned paper. I used Woodware White Fluffy Stuff to add a 'fur border' to the blanket and added detail to the deer with a black gel pen.

For the background I stamped some winter trees onto some patterned paper (all from K and Company) and embossed with Winter Wonderland embossing powder from Stampendous. I also die cut some trees using a die from Marianne Designs and embossed them with Winter Wonderland. I ripped a piece of white paper and applied clear glitter for the snow and cut the frame, also from 
Marianne Designs and added Pearl acrylic paint. 

I layered the background onto a number of different papers, edging them with the clear glitter and added some blue rhinestones to the corners. I then added these to a Kraft card base and lined with the matching papers and the 'Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas' stamp from Hobby Arts Merry Little Christmas stamp set. 

I stamped the Poinsettia onto some vellum and embossed with the Winter Wonderland Embossing Powder, then cut out and layered them for a 3 dimensional effect and added some teal micro beads to the centres. I also stamped some leaves from the Poinsettia stamp set onto scraps of the Patterned paper, embossed and cut out. The white branches are from the £ shop and I have added glitter to them for a snowy look. I added these and the reindeer to the card to finish.

I hope you like this card and thanks for stopping by.
Sally.x.

Comments

Debra K. said…
An absolutely beautiful Christmas card Sally! Love the tree layers as it looks like a wood behind the reindeer. Gorgeous reindeer with it's pearl paint and lovely fur trimmed blanket. The poinsettias look beautiful in the vellum. Wonderful little details like the glitter on all the paper edges and the teal beads in the poinsettias with matching rhinestones. You've done it again, another marvellous card which I love :). Debra x