The Journey Is The Reward


Hello, today I have another card to show you using some Sheena Douglass stamps from her 'Oriental Silhouette' stamp sheet. I have stamped the birds with Black Archival Ink and used the ends of the branches that the birds are sat on to create some foliage on the bottom of both the circle and the strip of card. I then stamped the sentiment and small willow tree and used the large willow to add detail around the tops, also with Archival Ink. I then used some torn printer paper and Distress inks to create the scenery. I finished the panels off by stamping the branches again and embossing with gold embossing powder and adding some gold H2O's to the willows and some gold gilding wax around the edges. I then used a Provo Craft embossing folder for the background and some paper from Sheena Douglass' 'A Little Bit Oriental' paper pad. I finished the card off with some black ribbon, Gold Perfect Pearls, some gems on sticks and a black flower shaped button. The card measures 4 1/2 x 8 inches. 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge: www.mojomonday.blogspot.co.uk

Hope you like it and thanks for visiting.
        Sally.

Comments

Debra K. said…
Another beautiful card! The background is stunning, you've chosen lovely colours for it. The stamping looks so good but the gold embossed stamping really brings it together. I really hope you do well in the challenge. Have a great weekend Sally. Debra x
Kathleen said…
WOW, I am in awe! What a beautiful combination of techniques and textures. I love how you enhanced everything with the gold embossing and embellishments!!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.