Enjoy The Little Things


Hello, today I have a card to share with you that uses the new 'Over The Hedge' collection from Craft Consortium which features the beautiful artwork by Melissa Lowry. The kit includes a 12 x 12 Paper Pad, three Stamp sets, a pack of Printed Wooden Characters and Adhesive Enamel Dots, all of which are amazing quality.
For my card, I started by taping a frame around a piece of Neenah Desert Storm card stock. I then added the starry sky with 'Faded Jeans', 'Wilted Violet', 'Cracked Pistachio' and 'Black Soot' Distress Oxides. I then splattered the background with water and lifted some of the colour, before adding more splatters, this time with some watered down White Acrylic Paint. I then used some Green Acrylic paint to add the grass base.
I then stamped one of the Hedgehog stamps and a selection of the foliage stamps from the three stamp sets with Gina K Amalgam Black Ink to create the scene. After the ink had thoroughly dried I then painted the images using Pebeo Gouache paints. I also used a White Gel Pen to add Highlights.
Before removing the tape I added some homemade glitter glue around the edges of the image for some sparkle.
I then stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink onto a piece of Vellum and heat embossed with Ranger 'Liquid Platinum' powder. I wrapped the vellum around the picture panel and added this onto a piece of the patterned paper from the collection.
I finished the card with a red Enamel dot, which my Mum suggested that I colour to look like a Lady Bird. I used a Black Alcohol Marker to do this.
I hope you like this card and thanks for stopping by.
Sally.x.

Comments

Emma Goddard said…
This is absolutely beautiful, gorgeous card xx