Hero Arts In The Jungle


Hello, today I have a trio of cards to share with you that use the June 2019 My Monthly Hero Kit by Hero Arts.

I started by stamping the images from the stamp set multiple times onto Fabriano Artistico 140lbs Hot Press water colour paper with Gina K Amalgam Black Ink. I then painted the images with Pebeo Gouche and a white gel pen for highlights. I also added some Glossy Accents to the animals eyes and the Snake's bodies. I also stamped the Elephants head dress onto some Crafter's Companion Heat Resistant Acetate with Versamark Ink and Embossed with Ranger 'Liquid Platinum' powder. I then cut this out and adhered it onto the Elephant with Glossy Accents. I then used the matching dies from the kit to cut out all the images. I also used the vine dies to cut some vines.


The top background was made by lightly inking a piece of the Fabriano Hot Press paper with 'Cracked Pistachio', Peeled Paint' and 'Faded Jeans' Distress Oxides. I then used the same colours to ink through the stencil that came included with the kit. I then mixed some 'Pearl' and 'Rich Gold'  Imagination Crafts Starlights paints to create a colour that matched the 'Liquid Platinum' Embossing Powder and added splatters of these around the background. I then used a Spellbinders circle die to cut a circle from the side of the cards.
I then inked another piece of card and the vine die cuts using the same Oxides, but a little heavier application and the Starlight splatters. I attached this piece to a 6 x 6 Kraft Card using double sided tape and then added the stencilled background on top with 3D Foam tape.
Next I added all the images using glue dots and 3D Foam Squares to create depth in the Jungle scenes. I finished the cards by Embossing a sentiment onto black card with 'Liquid Platinum' Powder.
I hope you like these cards and thanks for visiting.
Sally.x.

Comments