Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #161- Shaped Cards


Hi, Today sees the start of a new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. Jackie is the hostess for this fortnight's challenge and would like to see your Shaped Cards.

For my card I decided to make an Octagonal easel card as a base for my river bank scene. For the top part of the easel card, I cut an aperture from the Kraft card that I used as my base card and added acetate and some torn strips of blue and green patterned papers from the 'Stomp' paper pad by My Minds Eye to create the backdrop.

For the Bulrushes and Vines I used the 'Wildflowers' stamp set from Hobby Art. The Bulrushes I stamped onto white card with Back Memento Ink and coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils, before cutting out. The Vines were stamped with Versamark Ink onto acetate and heat embossed with 'Topiary Dark Green' from Personal Impressions.

The Heron was hand drawn with a Black Uni Pin Pen and coloured with Grey Copic markers and Polychromos pencils. I also added some Glossy Accents to his eye and beak.

I made some more Lily pads from air dry clay and some Water Lilies using a Tonic punch and Micro Beads. The frog, fish, boat and dragonfly are decorative buttons from my stash and the brown spotty paper is also from the 'Stomp' Paper pad. The sentiment is from Hobby Art's 'Sentiment' stamp set and has been stamped with 'Broken China' Distress Ink. I finished by adding some ripples and glitter where the heron is standing in the water.

I hope you like my card and please check out the Design Teams cards as they have made some beautiful projects and I hope you are inspired to enter the challenge.

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations- Anything Goes+ Option Of A Sketch

Crafting By Designs- April Anything Goes!

Thanks for taking the time to visit.
        Sally.x.

Comments

Debra K. said…
Oh, Wow, Sally!!! Another masterpiece!! Your heron is so beautifully drawn and coloured, I don't know how you do it. The whole card design is just brilliant. The Water lilies look very realistic. I love it! Debra x
Carole Pollard said…
This is so special what a wonderful card the design is amazing and your heron drawing is just perfect A wonderful creation Love and hugs Carole x
NGCARDS said…
A fabulous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx
CraftyNatalie said…
Lovely card. Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations!
CraftyNatalie ~ DT