Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #193- Lots Of Layers


Hello, today sees the start of the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. Chanya is hosting this time around and has chosen the theme of 'Lots Of Layers'.

For my card I decided to use an old paper pad from Craftwork Cards called 'Paradise'. I also used Distress Oxides in 'Peeled Paint' and 'Faded Jeans' to change the colour of some of the papers to green.

I used a Provo Craft Embossing folder as a stamp to add some dimension to the green papers with the Distress Oxides and fussy cut out the flowers and hummingbirds.

A layer of acetate was added between the base layer and the frame to help create depth as the hummingbirds and flowers are adhered either flat or with 3D Foam on different layers in the card.

The largest hummingbird is a stamp from the £ bin at my local craft shop and has been stamped and embossed twice onto acetate. The first time I stamped with Archival Ink and embossed with Crystal powder, the second time I stamped with Versamark and embossed with Queens Gold from Ranger. I then used H2O'S to paint the bird and adhered the layers together.

I finished by adding the sentiment, adding highlights with a White Uni Posca Marker and adding Wink Of Stella throughout.


The picture above hopefully shows the depth created.

I hope you like my card and please check out my fellow DT's blog as they have made some lovely cards.

Thanks for taking the time to visit.
Sally.x.

Comments

Hi Sally, gorgeous card. I love the colours and all the detail, beautiful. Have a lovely crafty week, Angela xXx
Glenda Atkins said…
A delight to behold, love your colours ,the depth you created and of course those hummingbirds. Just wonderful!!
hugs
Glenda