Thinking Of You Birch Trees


Hi, today I have a tutorial to share with you that uses the Winter Woodland stamp set by Hobby Art.

I started by cutting out a piece of Watercolour card using the largest of the Stitched Rectangle Die from Lawn Fawn. I then masked off the edges with masking tape. Then I used Dark Grey and Orange Kuretake Zig Clean Colour Brush Markers to selectively ink just the birch trees and leaves from the larger image. I then stamped this onto my piece of Watercolour card.
I then used a Grey Graphik Fine Liner from Derwent to then draw lightly over the stamped outlines. I then spritzed the stamped image with water which made the Zig Clean Colour Markers bleed to create the background. I then used a wider selection of the grey/red and orange tones from the Kuretake Clean Colour selection to paint the image. I added some white gel pen highlights.
I then stamped the Thinking of you sentiment onto a strip of vellum and wrapped this around the image.
The background paper was made with 'Fired Brick' and 'Spiced Marmalade' Distress Oxides. I also added some splatters of water to remove some of the colour. I added a vellum overlay and added the image panel on top.
I finished by adding some sequins from my stash.
I hope you like this card and thanks for stopping by.
Sally.x.

Comments

Bernie Simmons said…
Beautiful work Sally, Really love what you have done here xx
Lynne K said…
Saw this stunning card at Stamp Magic, Sally, and wondered how you had done it! Thanks very much for the tutorial, now I can have a go at it, but I will struggle to get such a beautiful result as yours. It's absolutely gorgeous. x
Sally H said…
Thanks so much for making a tutorial for this. My friend and I stood gazing at this card at Doncaster for quite a while trying to work out how you had done it (Jenny may have told you). It is even more wonderful in real life x