Try it on Tuesday Guest Design Team Spot


    Hello, today I have a card to share with you that I have made for my Guest Design Team Spot over at Try it on Tuesday.  It was a real honour to be asked to be a Guest DT for this fortnight's challenge alongside such a talented team. The theme for the challenge is 'Try Something New'.
 
    For my project I decided to try drawing my own image, instead of using a stamp. I sketched out my poppies first with a pencil to get the initial design that I wanted before using a black micron pen to outline the image. I decided to add some more lines and blocks of black to add a Zen-tangle style to the image. I then erased my pencil lines, then coloured my image with Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils and Gamsol. I added a touch of clear Wink of Stella to the poppies petals and some black Micro beads to the flower centers.
    The poppy in the top left corner was a metal 'Foliage' embellishment by Tim Holtz, which I painted with white Acrylic Paint. I coloured these with the Spectrum pencils also, and added some black lines and micro beads.
    The background paper was made by embossing a sheet of black card with the Damask embossing folder by Crafts-Too. I then sponged white Acrylic paint over the surface. I had intended this to stay white but the paint lifted some of the black from the cardstock and turned a pretty shade of grey. I then gave the paper a light sanding to bring out a touch of the black underneath. I finished this layer by spritzing with some Pearl Mica Spray and edged with a black Permanent marker.
    The heart insert paper was made by applying some home made texture paste through Tim Holtz' 'Flourish' stencil. When the paste was dry I also spritzed this with some Pearl Mica Spray.
    The butterfly is a Inkadinkado stamp that I stamped with clear Versamark ink and coloured with red chalk before adding some definition with the black micron pen and some Wink of Stella.
    The heart and it's frame were cut using dies by Marianne Designs and I finished the card with some lace, gems, a handwritten sentiment and some Stickles glitter glue.

    I hope you like the way I have interpreted this theme and check out the rest of the TioT Design Team's blogs for some wonderful inspiration and I hope you join in with the challenge. Thanks for visiting.
        Sally.x.

Comments

Valerie-Jael said…
Beautiful card, glad to have you with us at TIOT this time round! Hugs, Valerie
Mrs.B said…
Hi Sally, this is a gorgeous card, love your hand drawn poppies, so clever of you,
Thanks for agreeing to join us as our Guest Designer for this challenge.
Avril x
Meggymay said…
Hello Sally. Thank you for joining us as our guest designer for this challenge. Your card is beautiful and the hand drawn poppies are gorgeous.
Yvonne
I love your beautiful card - your drawing is wonderful and I love how you made the background! So happy to see you at TIOT as our Guest Designer, Chrisx
Margik said…
Hi Sally! Your card is so beautiful and love all elements on it. The poppies are really gorgeous. Thank you for being our Guest Designer for this challenge. Mar xx
Debra K. said…
Congratulations on your GDT spot! What a fabulous card Sally!! I can't believe you drew those beautiful poppies. You should definitely try and get that design made into a stamp, it would be brilliant. The background looks so good and the heart is just lovely. Debra x
Bee and Dee said…
A beautiful card, your drawing is brilliant, welcome as guest designer on TIOT hugs Bee.
Carole Pollard said…
Well done you on your GDT spot this is amazing you are so clever drawing your own image and its fabulous what a beautiful card perfect love and hugs Caorle x