Monday, 18 September 2017

Hobby Art September Monthly Special- Dragonflies


Hi, today I have a card to share with you that uses September's Dragonflies Monthly Special stamp set from Hobby Art.

I started with a 5 1/2 square piece of Hobby Art's Watercolour Card and masked off around the edges with some strips cut from the Hobby Art Mask-It sheets.

I then used 'Mermaid Lagoon' Distress Ink to cover the background before spraying with some Pearl Mica Spray. I then added some splatters of 'Peeled Paint' and Worn Lipstick' Distress Oxides.

I then mixed some chunky clear glitter with some White Texture Paste and added colour to it using the 'Mermaid Lagoon' ink. I then applied this through the 'Flourish' stencil from Tim Holtz and allowed to dry. I then attached this to the Kraft card base with 3D Foam tape.

The dragonflies were stamped and embossed twice each onto Hear Resistant Acetate. The first two Dragonflies were embossed with 'Silver Super Sparkle' Embossing Powder from Personal Impressions and the second were embossed with Black Powder, also from Personal Impressions. I cut these out and added the black bodies on top of the silver ones. I then painted the wings with some Kuretake Gansai Tambi in 'Pearl May Green', 'Pearl Pink' and 'Pearl Cobalt Blue' form the 6 Pearl colours set. When this had dried I added some foam tape to the bodies of the Dragonflies and shaped the wings gently with the edge of my scissors.

I then stamped the flowers from the stamp set with the 'Worn Lipstick' Distress Oxide onto vellum and embossed with Clear Pearlustre powder by Stampendous. I then coloured these with Polychromos pencils before cutting out and shaping. I glued the flowers together in layers of three to create dimension and added some chunky yellow glitter for the centres.

The Lily pads were drawn onto vellum with a Uni Pin 01 Black Fine liner and coloured with Polychromos Pencils. I also added some white Details with a Uni Posca White Marker before cutting out. Then adhered these to the card with foam tape and glued the flowers into place.

The sentiment is from the Hobby Art Friends Sentiments set and was stamped with the 'Mermaid Lagoon' ink onto a scrap of Watercolour card. I also used 3D Foam to adhere this to the card. I finished by adding some pearl Sequins to around the background.

I hope you like this card and thanks for taking the time to visit.
Sally.x.

No comments:

Post a Comment