In A Forest Of Ferns


Hi today I have a card to share with you that uses the Wolves stamp set from Hobby Art, along with two of their fern stamps. One is from the Stag & Hare stamp set and the other fern is from the Floral Mix set. 

I started by cutting a piece of Seawhite Cold Press watercolour paper to size and masked off the edges with Washi Tape. I then stamped the Wolf image with 'London Fog' Memento Ink. I used Pebeo Drawing Gum to mask off the Wolf before stamping the ferns randomly around the image. 

I then used a Spellbinders circle die to draw around to create my moon, which I also masked off with the Drawing Gum.

I then started painting the picture from background to foreground using Cotman watercolours by Winsor and Newton in the following colours (Alizarin Crimson, Yellow Ochre, Prussian Blue and Hookers Green).

I also used a white Uni Posca marker to add fur texture to the wolf and a black Polychromos pencil to darken around the Wolf's eyes and on his nose.

The sentiment was also stamped with 'London Fog' Ink. I finished by adding a couple of ferns on top of the Wolf to create more dimension and I added a sparkly 'glow' to the moon using watered down 'Platinum' Inka Gold.

Hope you like my card and thanks for stopping by.
Sally.x.

Comments

Very striking card. Have you entered my candy?
Sally H said…
Stunning as always, Sally. I am in Awe of our water colouring - so much detail and so beautifully done
Debra K. said…
Absolutely fantastic again Sally! More superb painting and card design with your masking. I pin your cards just to gaze adoringly at them :D.
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's always lovely to hear from you :). Debra x