Sunday, 11 June 2017

In A Forest Of Ferns


Hi today I have a card to share with you that uses the Wolves stamp set from Hobby Art, along with two of their fern stamps. One is from the Stag & Hare stamp set and the other fern is from the Floral Mix set. 

I started by cutting a piece of Seawhite Cold Press watercolour paper to size and masked off the edges with Washi Tape. I then stamped the Wolf image with 'London Fog' Memento Ink. I used Pebeo Drawing Gum to mask off the Wolf before stamping the ferns randomly around the image. 

I then used a Spellbinders circle die to draw around to create my moon, which I also masked off with the Drawing Gum.

I then started painting the picture from background to foreground using Cotman watercolours by Winsor and Newton in the following colours (Alizarin Crimson, Yellow Ochre, Prussian Blue and Hookers Green).

I also used a white Uni Posca marker to add fur texture to the wolf and a black Polychromos pencil to darken around the Wolf's eyes and on his nose.

The sentiment was also stamped with 'London Fog' Ink. I finished by adding a couple of ferns on top of the Wolf to create more dimension and I added a sparkly 'glow' to the moon using watered down 'Platinum' Inka Gold.

Hope you like my card and thanks for stopping by.
Sally.x.

3 comments:

  1. Very striking card. Have you entered my candy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning as always, Sally. I am in Awe of our water colouring - so much detail and so beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic again Sally! More superb painting and card design with your masking. I pin your cards just to gaze adoringly at them :D.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. It's always lovely to hear from you :). Debra x

    ReplyDelete