Hobby Art March Monthly Special- Grizzly Bears


Hello, today I have a card to share with you that uses the 'Grizzly Bears'  March Monthly Special stamp set from Hobby Art.

The bear on the rock was stamped with Archival Black ink and then masked off so that I could stamp the trees behind it. I also stamped a tree to the right of the image and added some more details like the mountains and river bank with Faber Castell Pitt Artist pens in various thicknesses to add some more depth to the scene. I finished by adding the little bee stamp, also from the 'Gizzly Bears' stamp set.

I then used Winsor and Newton Cotman watercolours in 'Cerulean Blue', 'Yellow Ochre', 'Cadmium Red' and 'Paynes Grey' to paint the picture. I added highlights with white acrylic paint and added some varnish over the water.

I used the 'Parchment and Label' die set from Marianne Designs to cut out the image.

The backing papers are from an old Hot Off The Press Decoupage book and I stamped the leaves from the 'Grizzly Bears' stamp set using 'Peeled Paint' and 'Forest Moss' Distress Ink. I finished the card with some ribbons from my stash.

I hope you like my card and thanks for visiting.
Sally.x.

Comments

Bernie Simmons said…
It's adorable xxx Love what you have done with this set .... xxx
Debra K. said…
Oh, this is just gorgeous Sally! Your usual fabulous colouring. The bear is just adorable and you've created a lovely background scene for him. I love the shape you've cut it into and it almost looks like a tile with the clear embossing I think you've used. Just looked at the Hobby Art site and your card should definitely be on there as a sample. Love this!!!! Debra x
Cobnut Crafter said…
Brilliant! I love the way you have coloured the bear's fur - looks fantastic. Haven't bought this set yet but must add it to my list - or nip in quick and order this month's special. Anne xx
Unknown said…
So cute thanks for sharing
Judy Williams said…
That's gorgeous Sally!
Thisnis amazing, fabulous colouring, love it
Karen Dunbrook said…
adorable card....
Margaret Mifsud said…
This is gorgeous!! The little bear is so cute and you have created such a lovely little scene! Beautifully coloured and framed!! Love it!! x