Monday, 13 March 2017

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #184- For A Special Woman/Girl Or Mother's Day


Hello, today sees the start of the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. I am hosting this time around and my chosen theme is 'For A Special Woman/ Girl or Mother's Day'.

I decided to make a Bird House decoration for my Mum for Mother's Day.  I started by painting the bird house base which is from the £ shop with DoCrafts Acrylic paint in white and teal.

I then used some wood effect paper from the 'Urban Style' paper pad, also from the £ shop to create the wood effect on the base and tiles.

I then stamped the birds and branches from Hobby Art's 'Birdsong' stamp set with Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and coloured with Polychromos pencils. I then cut them out and glued them to the house with hot glue.

I finished by covering everything with a coat of Matt Varnish, also by DoCrafts.

I hope you like my bird house and please check out my fellow DT's blogs as they have made some beautiful projects.

Thanks for taking the time to visit.
Sally.x.

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely wonderful.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally

    June here also from CC/DTeam.... I love this cute bird house and the colour combo is gorgeous

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is stunning, love the subtle colours, sweet birds and well just all of it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally it is beautiful. I love the soft colours. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic Sally! Can't believe this started as a £ shop purchase. The house has been so beautifully prepared for the excellent stamping and colouring. The birds look gorgeous. Another fabulous creation!! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation Sally, I too love the soft colours and those gorgeous birds! I am a big fan of birdhouses!
    Hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project this is just fabulous such a gorgeous design loving it Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little birdhouse Sally .. absolutely gorgeous!! x

    ReplyDelete