Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #175- Things That Go Bump In The Night


Hello, Monday saw the start of the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. Judy is hosting this challenge and would like to see your Halloween themed cards.

I started by drawing a hand onto water colour paper with a black Uni pin pen and then went about 'Zombifying' it. I then used water colours to paint it and added some bandage which I distress with Distress Ink.

For the background of my card I masked a moon using Pebeo Drawing Gum then used water colours and Pearl Mica spray to create the sky. I them used a white gel pen to add the Lightening.

The Gravestones and Bats were cut using my Silhouette from Grey card, which I then darkened with 'Black Soot' DI and more Pearl Mica spray. I then used a black Fineliner pen and a white gel pen to add some details. I also added a silver cross and a bat charm to the graves.

For the dirt I roughly cut some paper and coloured it with Water colours and 'Black Soot' DI. For the spiders webs I drew through a Dutch Doobadoo stencil onto vellum, before cutting out with a Carfty knife.

I added a black frame, gems and a gold spider charm, which I turned to silver with some Gilding Wax.

I hope you like this card and please check out my fellow DT's blogs as they have made some great projects.

Thanks for stopping by.
   Sally.x.

Comments

Stunning Sally. Marlene
Debra K. said…
Seriously creepy Halloween card Sally! Fantastically drawn hand which is definitely zombified, have you been watching zombie films for inspiration or did this come, worryingly, from your imagination :D. I really don't know where you get some fabulous ideas for your card designs from but would you send some my way please :)? Wonderful elements on your card like the bandage, tombstones and those brilliantly cut spiders webs. Absolutely amazing card. Debra x
Debra K. said…
Sally, where did you get your pearl mica spray from please? It gives such a beautiful shimmer to your cards. Thanks, Debra x
Carole Pollard said…
Just wonderful this design is amazing you are so talented Love and hugs Carole x