Sunday, 4 September 2016

Chameleons



Hello, today I have a card to share with you that I have had the idea for for a few months now,  but have only just been able to make it over the weekend. 

The Chameleons are hand drawn with a Uni Pin Fine Liner and then coloured some shadows with some Tonic Nuvo markers and then coloured with Faber- Castell Polychromos pencils and a white gel pen. 

The background and leaves were made by colouring some white card with 'Cracked Pistachio', 'Bundled Sage', 'Peeled Paint' and 'Mermaid Lagoon' Distress Inks. I then spritzed the paper with some Pearl spray that I made with a tiny bit of Inca Gold 'Platinum' and water. I cut out the leaves which are from Cheery- Lynn. I then used the 'Trellis embossing folder from Couture Creations to stamp a faint pattern onto the background with 'Cracked Pistachio' and used a stencil made from the die cut leaves to ink some more leaves onto the background and frame panel.  

I added the frame on top off the background and added the Chameleons before building up the scene with the leaves. The flowers were made with a Tonic five petal flower punch, 'Wild Honey' Distress Ink and some more of the Pearl spray. I also added some little flower buttons that I have had in my stash for years and are by Trimits.

I added some Green crushed mica flakes and gel pen details to the background, frame and leaves to finish my card, which measure 6 x 8 inches. 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge; Crafting By Designs- September Anything Goes

I hope you like this card, I loved making it and thanks for taking the time to visit.
    Sally.x.

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness!!! Those chameleons are just fantastic Sally! (I can see there's going to be a lot of exclamation marks in this comment!) You're so talented, drawing the chameleons, making the background, leaves, flowers and adding the little details that have made this a perfect work of art. You should be exhibiting your work in a gallery!! This is just so WOW!!!! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, the texture and colours are fabulous

    ReplyDelete