Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #163- Pearls Or Gems


Hello, today sees the start of a new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. Bec is hosting this challenge and she would like to see your makes that include Pearls or Gems. 

For my card I decided to start by drawing the outline of the Eiffel Tower before filling in the silhouette with a Quatrefoil pattern in pencil. I then used a 01 Black Uni Pin pen to ink the lines and erased the pencil marks. I traced through a portion of the 'Flourish' stencil from Tim Holtz to create the swirly flourish. 

The background was coloured with 'Antique Linen' and 'Tattered Rose' Distress Ink. I then stamped some script, leaves and postage mark stamps that I got from my local supermarket a few years ago. I used 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Ink for this. I then splashed droplets of water over the background and lifted the colour with some kitchen roll.

I painted the flourish and Eiffel Tower using my old set of Winsor and Newton Artist Watercolours. I coloured some leaves which were cut using my Silhouette with the watercolour paint and made some roses from paper clay, which I also used the paint to colour. 

I finished my arrangement with some large and small gems, added a glitter border with a Tonic Glue pen and some clear Wink of Stella to finish. 

I hope you like my inspiration for this challenge and please check out my fellow DT's blogs as they have made some gorgeous projects.
     Sally.x. 

Comments

Carole Pollard said…
Stunning love this gorgeous design so,lovely love and hugs Carole x