Bird Wall Hanging


Hello, today I would like to share a wall hanging that I have made using Crafty Individual Stamps and Papers. The papers are from 'Book 7' (Shades of Summer) collection. I have used a chipboard mini album from K and Co and covered three of the pages with the papers. I then painted Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint 'Picket Fence' around the edges and the back of the shapes. When the paint had dried, I then over-stamped the papers with 'Harlequin Swirl Background' and 'Springtime Music Background' with 'Frayed Burlap' Distress Ink. I then added ribbon and lace across the centres of the shape. I then stamped and embossed with Copper embossing powder a selection of the following stamps: Little Jenny Wren (Frame), Boxy Birds, Fresh Eggs and Chickens (Eggs), and Beautiful Birdcages. I then cut them out and attached them with 3D Foam. The large flowers were made using a Stamp and Die set by Prickly Pear, one of their Clearly Beautiful Stamps range 'Flowers'. The small flowers were made using a Tonic punch, then as usual I added some pearls. The charm was made using an earring finding that I took apart, then embossed in Copper and added beads to. The pieces are attached using some pearl braid that I got from my local haberdashery. 
 The second section.
 The third section.
And finally the charm, sorry about the poor picture. I must have taken about twenty photo's, but this ended up being the best one. For some reason my camera didn't seem to like focusing on the charm. Each pannel measures 4 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches and the finished piece measures 3 1/2 x 20 1/2 inches. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.
                      Sally.


Comments